Our Presentation Skills Essentials and Presentation Skills Excellence courses are delivered one-to-one and in small groups, either in-house or at our premises in London. To enquire about booking one of these courses or to discuss tailoring a program to you needs, contact us.
Presentation Skills Essentials
Full Day or Half Day Workshop
Why take this course?
If you’re new to it, making a presentation can be a daunting proposition. This presentation skills training course will take you from novice to natural with expert advice, step-by-step instruction and practical exercises.
By the end of it, you’ll understand how to structure your content for maximum impact and create visuals that support your messages. You’ll have learned techniques to give you confidence in front of an audience and to manage your nerves under pressure. And you’ll have practiced using your voice and body language to communicate with impact.
- Understanding the audience’s wants and needs
- Clarifying your objective and key messages
- Using a structure model to outline content
Structuring the Content
- Structuring content for different types of presentation
- Creating flow in the narrative with links and signposts
- Using visual aids appropriately to back up your messages
Presenting with Confidence
- Developing a confidence mindset
- Looking and feeling at ease in front of an audience
- Using gesture and eye contact appropriately
Delivering with Impact
- Managing the breath to control nerves
- Developing a conversational speaking style
- Controlling your pace and using pause effectively
- Engaging and holding the audience’s attention
Presentation Skills Excellence
Full Day Workshop
Followed by 1:1 Coaching
Why take this course?
The ability to deliver powerful presentations that get buy-in, motivate action and drive decision-making is an essential leadership skill. If you’re already an experienced presenter, this advanced presentation skills training course will give you the tools you need to take yourself to the next level.
By the end of it, you’ll have a greater awareness of your speaking style and how to use it to maximum effect. You’ll have learned techniques to engage attention, make your messages memorable and bring content to life through voice and body language. And you’ll understand how to leverage the power of storytelling to leave a lasting impression on your audience.
Structuring an Impactful Presentation
- Creating a clear key message that is tailored to your audience
- Structuring for different objectives: inform, influence or inspire
- Defining the pivotal moments and signposting effectively
Leveraging the Power of Storytelling
- Opening and closing powerfully and memorably
- Engaging with the audience both logically and emotionally
- Connecting through analogies, examples and personal stories.
- Creating an inspiring and motivating call to action.
Maximising Physical Presence
- Commanding the room through posture and gesture
- Balancing stillness with movement to energise and engage
- Connecting more powerfully through eye contact and gesture.
Enhancing Vocal Impact
- Engaging the audience through the dynamics of pitch and rhythm
- Finding an appropriate pace and knowing when to change gear
- Using tone to connect on an emotional level and change mood
- Understanding the power of the pause and landing key points